Richard Roffman, Co-Host
A 30-year veteran publisher with extensive experience in the domestic and international arena. Mr. Roffman co-founded both LatinCEO magazine (1998) and Latin Trade magazine (1992); both titles enjoyed extensive circulation throughout North and South America. Latin Trade, the top English-language pan-hemispheric trade magazine in the United States and Latin America, was acquired by Freedom Communications, the nation’s 13th-largest media company. LatinCEO was sold in 2004 to CEO Publishing, which also acquired SouthFloridaCEO (formerly Miami Business magazine), another title co-founded by Mr. Roffman.
Among the domestic titles that Mr. Roffman published were New Miami Magazine, the Miami, Broward and Palm Beach Daily Business Reviews, South Florida Magazine and South Florida Home & Garden.
In addition to his publishing experience, Mr. Roffman has dedicated his pro-bono work for over 25 years to the South Florida international arena. He is a past chairman and vice-chairman of the World Trade Center Miami, a member of the Florida District Export Council (appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce), and appointed by Gov. Bush to the Board of Directors of the Free Trade Area of the Americas for the State of Florida. Mr. Roffman also served as senior vice president at Strategy Research Corporation, specializing in data on consumer markets in Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic population. He is also a past member of the Advisory Board of the Andreas School of Business at Barry University.
Mr. Roffman was also an adjunct professor of English at Nova Southeastern University where in addition to his English classes he ran the International Film Program and taught at the Institute for Retired Professionals and the Institute for Lifelong Awareness.
Mr. Roffman was voted in the “25 Most Accomplished Men in South Florida” by Channels Magazine. As such, Mr. Roffman is a much sought after speaker with many engagements throughout the United States, Europe and Asia including:
- The British Ministry of Trade
- The Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Annual Goals Conference
- The City of New Orleans Latin American Convention for Metrovision
- The City of Dallas International Development Board
- The Houston International Development Board
- The World Trade Center, Miami
- Miami-Dade County’s Annual State of the Ports
- The Miami Air and Sea Cargo of the Americas
- The Miami International Achievement Awards
- The World Trade Institute in New York City
- The World Trade Center Annual General Assembly
- New York City, Panama, Beijing
- The Governor’s Regionalism Conference co-hosted with Governor Jeb Bush
- The Beacon Council’s Annual Economic Forecast
- The Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce “Doing Business in China” Conference
- The Latin America Market Planning Report Conference in: Miami, Chicago, New York
- The U.S Hispanic Marketing Planning Report Conference in Miami, Chicago (with The Chicago Tribune) and New York
Mr. Roffman has been quoted in:
- The Miami Herald
- The Chicago Tribune
- The Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel
- The Dallas Morning News
- The Times Picayune
- The Los Angeles Times
- Ad Age
- The South Florida Business Journal
Mr. Roffman has appeared on numerous television and radio shows in key cities in the United States including: New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles.
Tyler Helms, Associate Producer
Born and raised in South Florida, I enlisted in the US Air Force in 2005 where I served as a Chinese Cryptologic Linguist. After graduating from Bellevue University in Nebraska with a business degree, I returned to Florida in order to pursue a less publicized, yet no less important battle. The fight for jobs and the pursuit of the American Dream is something I am passionate about and my work with the Neal Asbury Show enables me to be a part of that fight each and every day.